Impeccable Biometric Authentication Boosts Well-Being of Patients and Practices
AUSTIN, Texas, September 28, 2023 – HID, the worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, and CERTIFY Health, a provider of modernized solutions to optimize patient care and experience, today announced a new collaborative patient engagement and facial recognition offering designed to evolve healthcare operations and administer impactful, elevated patient service at every checkpoint.
This integrated biometric platform will make its debut at the Becker’s HIT Conference on October 3-6 in Chicago and will be showcased at HLTH 2023 (October 8-11 in Las Vegas) and CHIME23 (November 9-12 in Phoenix, AZ).
HID combines its leading U.ARE.U™ Camera Identification System featuring highly accurate facial recognition capabilities with CERTIFY Care – a state-of-the-art patient engagement platform currently in use across major healthcare organizations. Key functionalities include patient onboarding, biometric authentication, patient communications, digital forms, appointment scheduling and management, and payment collection.
Webcams are not enough when it comes to reliable patient verification in healthcare today. The risk of misidentification is high – leading to potentially fatal results for patients and crippling repercussions across companies. HID’s U.ARE.U Camera Identification System fuses AI with multispectral imaging (MSI) technology and modern machine learning algorithms to accurately identify and authenticate individuals. The CERTIFY Care platform integrates the U.ARE.U Camera technologies to deliver accurate patient authentication and identification while facilitating an excellent end-to-end patient experience from intake to claims payout. It’s all anchored by the precision of face biometrics.
In addition to faster time to revenue, this technology pairing benefits healthcare practices by enabling:
- Positive patient identification: Authenticate and verify patient identity before treatments to improve patient care and safety.
- Accurate medical records management and deduplication: Drive efficiencies by tying one face to one record to consolidate multiple files in existence due to human error, changes in name/address/email, absence of record standardization, lack of information, etc.
- Medical fraud prevention and investigation: Deliver irrefutable proof of presence when it comes to patient identification and verified eligibility of care.
- Touchless, hygienic authentication: Propel patient safety with high-performing facial recognition that’s swift, seamless and straightforward for both patients and practitioners.
Additional points of excellence afforded by the HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System include:
- Top NIST Ranking for Face Matching Performance & Accuracy
- Ethically Trained with AI to Eliminate Matching Bias
- Exceptional ‘In-the-Wild’ Recognition (precise capture and authentication regardless of variances in lighting, backgrounds, pose, expression, etc.)
- Extraordinary Presentation Attack Detection Against Spoofs (PAD detects spoof attempts using 3D masks, high-quality photos or digital images to trick the system)
- Stellar Security & Privacy with On-Device (Edge) Biometric Processing
- Flexible, Customizable and Cost-Efficient Patient Engagement Upgrade
This solution will be on display at Becker’s HIT Conference on October 3-6 in Chicago where CERTIFY Health is a sponsor.
Stay Connected with HID Global
HID powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and billions of things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID has over 4,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
About CERTIFY Health
CERTIFY Health focuses on helping healthcare organizations transform the way they engage with their patients and improve patient experience. To accomplish this mission, CERTIFY offers a platform with a robust product suite, including biometric authentication, digitized patient and clinical workflows, appointment and communications management, and credentialing solutions. Organizations of all types and sizes can leverage CERTIFY solutions to optimize their workflows. To learn more, visit us at www.certifyhealth.com.
# # #
© 2023 HID Global Corporation/ASSA ABLOY AB. All rights reserved. HID, the HID Blue Brick logo and the Chain Design are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global, ASSA ABLOY AB, or its affiliate(s) in the US and other countries and may not be used without permission. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.